Pelican DAF operates from purpose built facilities just 2 minutes from J31, M62 on Wakefield Europort, the largest industrial and distribution park in Yorkshire. Within the control of the dealership is every bit of training and equipment needed to carry out any repair on any DAF vehicle.
Pelican DAF is open 24 hours a day, 7 days per week and 362 days per year and is the largest DAF service centre anywhere in Yorkshire.
Our location means that operators are not subject to rush hours delays and never have to travel more than 2 minutes from the motorway to access our facilities.
We have a clear policy of not trying to reach 100% resale of labour hours preferring to have spare labour available at most times to allow us to react quickly to unexpected jobs such as breakdowns and urgent repairs.
Pelican DAF is an operating division of Pelican Engineering Company, which was founded in 1919 and still remains a privately owned and managed business. The business has a very sound financial base and benefits from an ongoing programme of reinvestment in equipment and people. Pelican is also the UK importer and distributor for Yutong buses and coaches that are powered by DAF engines.
- DAF Service Dealer of the year 2017
- 100% MOT first time pass rate in 2017 across 587 tests
- Total of 12 double length workshop bays open 24/7
- 37 Trained Technicians
- 3 full time auto electricians with one covering each shift
- Full ATF (Authorised Testing Facility)
- Lucas Kienzle Tachograph centre
- Steam Cleaning Bay
- Electronic on-line storage for operator service records
- Air conditioning service
- Fleet of new customer courtesy cars
- Driver waiting area equipped with TV, shower and light refreshments
- Pelican DAF has the equipment, skills and experience to be able to undertake any economically viabl repair on any truck no matter what the severity of the original damage may be
- Chassis straightening to all current manufacturers standards using the very latest JOSAM alignment systems
- Certified member of the VBRA (Vehicle Body Repair Assoc.)
- Customers include all leading UK insurance companies
- Laser chassis and steering geometry alignment
- Telma retarder fitting
- Tipping gear and PTO supply and fit with all necessary hydraulic testing equipment
- Coded welders and equipment to carry out any type of welding reasonably required to repair
- 10 dedicated parts delivery vehicles providing either two or three deliveries per day throughout Yorkshire
Parts Department opening hours, as follows:
- Monday to Friday 06:00 – 02:30 (following morning)
- Saturday & Sunday 06:00 – 18:00
- Outside these hours the night shift foreman has access to the parts department
- 34 experienced and trained parts staff
- Full technical identification and support
- Call Centre arrangement to handle incoming enquiries
- Direct 24/7 links to DAF central stock warehouse at Leyland
- Full All Makes and Trailer Parts offered via the DAF TRP programme
- Total parts stock of £1m is one of the highest at any dealership
- Dedicated Bus & Coach parts service with specialised knowledge makes of DAF powered coaches and over £400k of market specific stock.
- On site TRP shop 'Castleford Truck & Trailer' with over £100k of all makes, trailer parts and consumables.